Visiting our School
Please see our guidance for visiting the school.
Omicron Variant and Revised Guidance
Please see below a letter about the revised measures in school, following the government announcement on Saturday 27th November 2021 regarding the Omicron variant of coronavirus.
Communication and Updates
Please see below for any recent communication regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus).
In order to keep up to date with latest developments, please can we encourage parents to:
- Check that the school has up-to-date contact details for your family.
- Follow the school on social media (Twitter: @mendipgreenpri / Facebook: 'Mendip Green School Forum').
- Register for a free ParentPay account to receive free e-mail notifications (no payment details required).
- Regularly check the news section of our website for Year Group updates, Letters and Newsletters.
COVID Household Support and Winter Support Grants
The Department for Work and Pensions has issued grants. These grants cover all ages, not just school aged children, and is not meant to substitute previous grants which were used to cover food during the holidays.
North Somerset LA are identifying families eligible for this funding through the allocation of means tested Free School Meals.
There are two schemes for free school meals: means tested Free school Meals and Universal Free School Meals, which is for all children in EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2.
- Only families with children who are eligible for Free School Meals (not Universal Infant FSM) will receive these vouchers.
- An application needs to be made for each sibling, including for children in EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2 e.g. If a child in Y5 is eligible for FSM, a younger sibling will not automatically be – a separate application will need to be made for them.
For more details or to make an application for Free School Meals, please follow the link below:
If your child is already eligible for the means tested Free School Meals you should not reapply. If your circumstances have changed, a second application may mean that you will lose your child’s Free School Meals status. If your child is eligible for the first voucher, you will automatically receive the second.
Please contact the school office BEFORE making an application if you are unsure whether your child is already in receipt of means tested Free School Meals so we can check our records for you.
If you have any questions or queries, or would like some support in applying for Free School Meals, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Safeguarding and Child Protection During Closure
To reflect the change in provision posed by the COVID-19 outbreak, our safeguarding policy has been updated. This is available in the Safeguarding section of our website.
Additional Guidance and Supporting Resources