Reception Intake Sep 2022
Welcome to the Mendip Green Family
19th April 2022 was the day when families found out which primary school their little ones would be joining in September 2022. We are all VERY excited to be welcoming our new recruits to Team Mendip.
When it comes time for your little one to start school, it can be filled with mixed emotions: Where has the time gone? How can they be starting school already?
You are trusting us to help guide your child over the next 7 years: an immense responsibility that we do not take lightly. Please be assured that, as a team, we will do all that we can to ensure that your child's experience of primary school is a happy, safe and exciting one.
All of our new EYFS starters receive a book bag with a special message from our Headteacher, Mr O, and a big envelope which is filled with important information for their grown ups.
The bags are hand delivered to each child's home - if you are out exploring and we miss you, please don't worry. We will pop a note through your door so you know we visited and we will be in touch soon to arrange getting your book bag to you.
EYFS New Starter Events and Important Dates
We are anxious that you and your child feel part of our school from today, not just from September. With this in mind, we have a range of events and activities planned to help you and your child become familiar with the school, our staff and the other families who are joining Mendip Green.
- Starting School Information Session: Tuesday 7th June 6.30pm in the school hall (parents/carers only).
- Teddy Bears Picnic: Friday 17th June 2pm – 3pm on the school field (family event - parents/carers, children and teddy bears welcome)
- Stay and Play Sessions: Tuesday 5th July 9.15am – 10.15am and Thursday 7th July 2pm – 3pm in your child’s classroom. You are welcome to attend one or both of these Stay and Play sessions. Where possible, we ask that only one parent attends with each child.
- Home Visit: 11th – 12th July between 9am and 3pm. Your child’s teacher will visit you for a 15 minute meeting at your home. An appointment time can be made at the Starting School Information Session.
To help the children settle into school life and enable the adults to get to know them really well, children start school on a part-time timetable for the first 2 weeks of the school term.
- Information about your child’s allocated class and group will be provided during the Starting School Information Session in June.
- Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd September 2022 are INSET days so the school will be closed to children.
Useful Documents & Information
The window has now closed for parents and carers to request a place at school for September 2022. However, you can still submit a late application. More information, including details of the appeals procedure, is available on our Admission Arrangements page.
Book a Tour
We will set dates in the new school year for tours of our school for children starting EYFS in 2023. By far the biggest feature of our school tour is seeing our children so most of our tour times will be during the school day. However, we will also offer some after school tours to try to accommodate all families and their working patterns.
If you are looking for a place for your child for September 2022, please contact us and we will organise a time for you to visit our school.
To book an appointment, please call our school office 01934 513791