DfE Performance Data and Tables
'No child is forgotten’ – that is our saying when it comes to children’s achievement. No matter what ability level, every child at our school has the right to make good progress and to attain at a good level. We regularly and systematically check the progress of every learner and take quick, proactive steps when we see a learner struggling to overcome any barriers.
Changes to statutory assessments and reporting in 2021-2022
The government will not publish KS2 school level data for the 2021 to 2022 academic year. They have archived data from the 2018 to 2019 academic year because they recognise that the data from that year may no longer reflect current performance.
Changes to statutory assessments and reporting in 2020-2021
In recognition of the challenges posed by the pandemic, the Department of Education (DfE) cancelled both KS1 and KS2 SATs tests for 2021. The aim is that with the pressures of KS1 and KS2 SATs lifted, primary schools will have some space to address the urgent issues of educational recovery.
The summary of changes caused by COVID in 2021 are as follows for primary school children:
- The Year 1 phonics check is cancelled in 2021.
- All KS1 SATs for Year 2 pupils are cancelled in 2021.
- All KS2 SATs for Year 6 pupils are cancelled in 2021.
- The English grammar, punctuation and spelling test at KS2 is cancelled in 2021.
- Primary performance data "will not be published" for the second year in a row, but teacher assessment in English reading, writing and maths at KS1, and other assessments at KS2, will remain.
- KS1 and KS2 teacher assessments in science will also be cancelled in 2021.
Changes to statutory assessments and reporting in 2019-2020
SATs statement Cancellation of 2019/20 national curriculum assessments
The Secretary of State for Education announced on Wednesday 18 March, that the 2019/20 national curriculum assessments would not take place due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This means the following assessments planned between April and July 2020 were cancelled:
- end of key stage 1 and key stage 2 assessments
- phonics screening check in year 1
- multiplication tables check in year 4
The below performance tables show the most recent statutory assessment outcomes for Mendip Green (2018/2019)